April 08, 2020 2 min read
Easter is just a few days away and although it may look different for us this year, it doesn’t mean that it still shouldn’t be celebrated. Our circumstances may be different, but the meaning stays the same. I'm sharing simple ways that you can make Easter special and memorable in a new, fresh way at home. I hope these ideas below spark joy and connection with the ones you love and inspire you to find joy in this season.
1. Celebrate the season! This may look like watching church online from the comfort of your couch or attending a drive-in service in your area.
2. Check-in with the family. You might not have everyone around the table, so FaceTime or set up a Zoom call with your loved ones. See their smiling faces, connect, and celebrate together in a new way.
3. Get dressed up! Already have those pretty Easter dresses and outfits hanging in the closet? This is a special Easter tradition in my family and one we will still be taking part in despite having nowhere to go. Make sure you get your traditional Easter outfit picture too and treasure this special time at home in your Easter best.
4. Set the table.Whether you’re setting a table for one or a table for 10. Pull out your favorite table decor that sparks joy for you and those around the table. Grab your favorite placemats or those linen napkins that you love. Pick up some flowers at the grocery store and make a simple arrangement for your table. All these details will come together to make this a special occasion.
5. Cook an Easter meal. Whether it's a tradition in your family to gather for an Easter meal together or not, make it a new one. Although we won’t be gathered with our loved ones this year, I’m using this as an opportunity to learn how to cook some of those must-have family dishes. Keep traditions alive by having a special meal that will draw you close to the memories of the past and connect you with family, near and far.
6. Do something new! Add something fun and new to the mix; dye Easter eggs with the kids, make a fun snack board (like above) for the family to eat while watching a movie, or have lunch outside like a picnic in the park! Make a new tradition that your family at home can enjoy and take part in year after year.
Comment below and tell me what ideas you have for making Easter special at home this year?