Fall Bucket List
It's October first, and although the highs in North Carolina have gone from the 90s to mid-80s, I'm all about wishing and willing Fall to be here. The leaves are already dancing to the ground and the pumpkin patches have opened for the season. So, although it may not feel completely like Fall, (yet!) I'm ready to jump headfirst into all the fun festivities of the season. To celebrate all the Fall fun there is to have in October, I've created a bucket list of all the things that I want to do with my little family. I hope this bucket list for Fall inspires you to create your own and celebrate the season!
Fall is truly my favorite season- the crisp air, the crunchy leaves, cozy sweaters, and the perfect scented candle; so I'm determined that October will be a success, full of all the fun!
Let's go make it happen!
FALL BUCKET LIST
1. Visit a Pumpkin Patch- Harrison's been talking for weeks now about how we need pumpkins so this made the top of the list!
2. Go Apple Picking- During one of our car rides the other day, Harrison learned that apples grow on trees and he demanded we go see them.
3. Roast S'mores- A new patio and firepit was put in at the lake house, so we're going to need to take a trip this month and break it in. In all reality, I'm not a huge fan of s'mores, but I saw a friend, Kaylee, on Instagram, use a big Reese's cup in place of the chocolate bar- now I'm sold!
4. Go For a Hay Ride- This also falls under "Things Harrison Would Love To Do" so of course, we're going to make it happen!
5. Light a New Fall-Inspired Candle- Done and done, my favorite Fall candle is probably Leaves by Bath and Body Works. Have you smelled it? OMG!
6. Make Pumpkin Pie- I'm not great in the kitchen, so maybe this will be a job for Stephen, OR we will just enjoy my grandmother's homemade pumpkin pie.
7. Decorate the Front Porch- It's insane how excited I am to do this! We have a really big front porch stoop with stairs that I cannot wait to line with pumpkins galore and mix in mums too!
8. Go to the State Fair- We were just talking about this in the car this weekend! Harrison can't wait to see the tractors, animals, and get ice cream. Stephen and I go for all the nostalgia feels and a funnel cake is on our must-eat list!
9. Build a Fire- This is right up Stephen's alley, and boy am I glad! I love the crackle of a fire in our living room. Come on Fall temps!
10. Snuggle Up With A New Book- I feel so behind with all the books I want to read, as life this year is flying. I've got a list as long as from here to CA in my head of books I want to read, so I'm determined to make it happen this Fall.
11. Find the Perfect Fall Wreath- Honestly, the hunt is real. I've been in search of a pretty Fall wreath for years now. I'm super picky when it comes to what I like and I'd love to finally find one that makes my heart swell.
12. Buy Mums- Insanely excited for this too! I'm already dreaming up the colors I'll choose for our house. Our house is gray with green undertones and black shutters, so white is definitely on that list.
13. Make First Pot of Chili- Our family eats our weight in chili during the cool months. We absolutely love it (even Harrison), and it's a weekly staple in our house. As soon as the temps reach the 70s, it's chili season here, y'all. Also, I really need to share our recipe with you. It's amazing- Stephen's mom won a chili cooking contest with her recipe a few years ago.
14. Decorate the House- Somewhat complete, but I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few boxes of decorations somewhere. A few pumpkins are out, but I need to find my stash! Bring on all the Fall vibes!
15. Have Friends Over- We haven't had a proper casual dinner party in FOR-EVER. So, we're making this happen! Maybe we should have a chili night with a toppings bar?
16. Fall Movie Night- I ran across a fun blog post from The Everygirl with a list of all the movies to watch this Fall! I need to go track it down and share. A cozy night in with a movie sounds perfect! Popcorn, please!
17. Send a Handwritten Letter- Something about the cold weather gets me excited to sit down and write to friends! Snail mail is the best and how fun to encourage a friend in such a thoughtful, unexpected way!
18. Take a Trip to the Mountains- Self explanatory! The beautiful leaves, the views, the crisp air, and the memories.
Download a printable to hang on your refrigerator or Instagram story template to share your fun with friends and family this season! Can't wait to share all the fun we have this Fall!
Letter Sized Printable:
Now tell me! What's on your bucket list?
Easter Table Settin...
It's officially Spring friends, and that means that Easter is right around the corner. Have you started thinking about your Easter tablescape yet?...Read More
Moss Bowl Decor Ide...
Curious how to incorporate a beautiful moss bowl into your living room décor? When decorating a room in your home, the space should always include...Read More
The Thoughtful Gift...
Today I'm sharing our best gift ideas for all the ladies on your holiday shopping list! From you sister-in-law, to your mom, your niece, and every...Read More